Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken is a candy and straightforward hen dinner recipe that takes only one baking sheet to make and will get even the pickiest eaters excited. So seize your maple syrup and let’s begin cooking!
This submit is sponsored by Chicken Farmers of Canada. Additionally they coated journey bills for my tour of a Canadian hen farm. Maintain studying for a peek contained in the farm…
What is straightforward to make, takes just one pan to prepare dinner, and tastes unimaginable???
Reply: Sheet Pan Chicken!
- 1 What Would We Do With out Chickens?!?
- 2 My Current Go to to a Chicken Farm
- 3 Learn how to Make Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken
- 4 Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken Recipe
Sure, one sheet hen is our go-to dinner.
It’s fast to whip collectively, doesn’t soiled a bunch of pots and pans, and, most significantly, everybody loves it.
Chicken is each Janice and my household’s favorite protein and with sheet pan hen, on only one baking sheet, we get scrumptious roasted hen and greens in lower than 30 minutes.
To maintain our meal plan fascinating, we like to combine up the sorts of 1 sheet hen dinners we make. We experiment with totally different flavours, herbs, spices, and greens.
Since we’re that includes Chicken Farmers of Canada on this publish, Janice and I made a decision to make a Canadian-inspired sheet pan hen dinner. And once we assume Canadian, we expect MAPLE SYRUP!
We additionally needed the recipe to be kid-friendly, fast and straightforward to make, and additional delicious.
So Janice set to work, making glazes and arising together with her private model of Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken.
A Good Glaze
After a few check glazes, Janice made this yummy, however not too candy, maple glaze. It’s a mix of hen inventory, maple syrup, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard.
If you boil this sauce for a couple of minutes in a saucepan, whereas stirring so it doesn’t stick or burn, the sauce reduces and thickens properly. Quickly you’re left with a scrumptious glaze, good for glazing your hen and drizzling earlier than serving.
There isn’t any want for cornstarch or thickeners!
These few additional minutes of cooking and stirring permit the sauce to naturally scale back and thicken. It tastes so a lot better than utilizing cornstarch as a thickener.
However earlier than we get into the small print of our Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken recipe, let’s speak about chickens for a second…
What Would We Do With out Chickens?!?
If it weren’t for hen, I can’t even start to think about how Janice and I might feed our households.
Between our two households, we have now three choosy eater women and one always hungry sixteen-year-old boy. Chicken is the one protein we use virtually day-after-day to maintain everybody fortunately fed.
Feeding Our Households
Along with having hen for dinner at the very least a number of occasions every week, we frequently eat it for lunch as nicely. Each day for her son’s lunch at college, Janice makes two hen wraps with both leftovers from dinner or rotisserie hen. And naturally, we make a lot of hen tenders for our youngsters too.
Every journey to the grocery retailer, we put hen in our carts.
Apparently, we aren’t the one Canadians counting on chickens to feed our households.
Chicken is the meat of selection for Canadians, with households buying hen greater than some other sort of meat. And that is sensible to us. The rationale we select hen so typically is as a result of it’s a versatile, nutritious, high-quality protein that we will put together and eat in numerous alternative ways.
My Current Go to to a Chicken Farm
Once we have been rising up, our mother and father had buddies who have been native hen farmers. I typically consider visiting their farm once I attain for a package deal of hen on the grocery retailer.
Nevertheless it had been years since I stepped onto a hen farm, so a couple of weeks in the past I used to be excited to go to a household owned and operated Canadian hen farm in Ontario to seek out out what hen farming in Canada is all about.
To start with, I discovered one thing actually fabulous that I did NOT know — 90% of Canadian hen farms are owned and operated by households.
In Canada, hen farming is NOT dominated by Huge Enterprise.
Once we purchase Canadian chickens, we’re supporting our fellow Canadians — locals who’re elevating and supporting their households by elevating chickens, typically passing on their farms to the subsequent era.
Throughout our farm go to, we discovered that hen farming is a science! Farms are utilizing superior know-how to create optimum hen elevating circumstances.
The barns are clear, spacious, and temperature-controlled. The hen feed is high-quality, pure and nutritious.
In Canada, hormones and steroids are banned! So we will eat Canadian hen with confidence and peace of thoughts as a result of hormones and steroids are by no means used.
And do you know that Canadian hen has the bottom carbon footprint of all livestock in North America? I didn’t, however now I do and it makes me really feel even higher about feeding my household hen on a really common rotation.
Dedication to Animal Care
Additionally on our farm tour, we discovered about how dedicated Canadian hen farmers are to animal care.
Chicken Farmers of Canada’s Animal Care Program has robust, obligatory necessities to make sure excessive animal care requirements and 100% of Canada’s hen farmers are licensed on the obligatory Animal Care Program.
All parts of chook care are coated by this system, together with feed and water, setting, hen monitoring and dealing with, and extra. And to ensure this system’s necessities are maintained, farmers are audited yearly by a third-party.
Lastly, and maybe most significantly, on the farm go to we discovered about meals security for Canadian hen farms.
I’m positive you’re simply as involved as we’re that the chickens we feed our households are protected and wholesome.
I used to be very relieved to study Chicken Farmers of Canada’s On-Farm Meals Security Program (OFFSAP).
100% of Canada’s hen farmers are licensed on the obligatory program, which emphasizes animal well being, cleanliness and security all through the manufacturing cycle. And, as they’re with the Animal Care Program, farmers are audited yearly by a third-party.
All in all, my hen farm go to with Chicken Farmers of Canada was a implausible expertise.
I beloved cuddling some fluffy chicks and seeing in individual what life is like on an actual Canadian hen farm. And it made me as soon as once more grateful and proud to be Canadian.
I should buy Canadian hen and be ok with feeding it to my household. And that’s simply so fantastic as a result of we actually do eat lots of hen!
Learn how to Make Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken
So now that we now have all that excellent news about hen farms in Canada, let’s get again to that mouthwatering maple-glazed hen yumminess…
On this sheet pan hen recipe, I used boneless, skinless hen breasts. However you need to use hen thighs, drumsticks, or a mixture if you want.
How To Make The Chicken Juicy
For the juiciest hen, we dunk our hen in a easy salt water brine answer whereas we prep our veggies. In case you are in rush, otherwise you bought pre-brined hen, you possibly can skip this step.
To make the brine, merely dissolve salt in lukewarm water (roughly 1 tablespoon to 1 cup ratio) in a big bowl and submerge the hen. For hen breasts, you’ll be able to brine for 15 minutes as much as 2 to Four hours max.
In case you are brining for simply 15-20 minutes while you’re getting ready your greens, you possibly can brine in lukewarm water. In case you are brining for longer, you must maintain the hen chilly in order that you don’t permit micro organism to develop. Thus, after the salt is dissolved within the lukewarm water, add ice cubes. As soon as your hen is submerged, cowl and place it within the fridge.
Add Your Favourite Greens
One of many nice elements about sheet pan dinners is you’ll be able to add no matter greens your loved ones likes (or no matter is in your fridge.)
Our youngsters love cherry tomatoes when they’re roasted and burst in your mouth. So we add the cherry tomatoes proper close to the top of cooking with nearly 5 minutes left. That means they’re scorching and cooked by means of however nonetheless agency sufficient for a pleasant burst of flavour if you pop them in your mouth.
Roasted peppers are one other of our favorite veggies. So we often embrace loads of bell peppers on our sheet pan dinners.
When roasted, broccoli additionally turns right into a yummy deal with. So, we will’t skip the broccoli both.
On this sheet pan, we didn’t embrace carrots. However we do love roasted carrots and we frequently add them to our sheet pan dinners.
To maintain the greens from getting overcooked, begin the sheet pan with simply the hen and potatoes (and carrots for those who’re together with them within the recipe.)
To maintain the hen moist, cowl the sheet pan with both a second sheet pan turned the wrong way up or with aluminum foil.
Baste and Brush
Then, after the primary 10-12 minutes, take away from the oven, baste the hen with juices…
…brush on the glaze, and add the remainder of the veggies, besides the tomatoes. Return to the oven and prepare dinner uncovered for 5-Eight minutes, or till potatoes are delicate however not but browned.
Glaze the hen as soon as extra, add the cherry tomatoes, and pop the sheet pan again within the oven for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
Verify to see if the hen is absolutely cooked with a thermometer. It must be 165F.
If you need the hen and veggies browned, flip the oven to broil and return sheet pan to the oven on the highest rack for about three minutes.
Take away from the oven, cowl and let relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing into the hen. Drizzle remaining glaze earlier than serving.
For the ultimate drizzle, make sure you use the glaze that you simply put aside and didn’t use in the course of the cooking course of. You have to throw away the glaze you used when the hen was partially cooked as a result of will probably be contaminated from the partially cooked hen.
Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken Recipe
Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken
Writer: Janice Croze
Recipe sort: Dinner
Prep time: 30 minutes
Prepare dinner time: 25 minutes
Complete time: 55 minutes
Sheet Pan Maple-Glazed Chicken — seize your maple syrup as a result of tonight we’re making a candy and straightforward hen dinner recipe that takes only one baking sheet to make and will get even your choosy eaters excited.
- 2-Four hen breasts – boneless, skinless (1/2 to ¾ of a kilogram) pounded to a good thickness
- ¼ cup salt for brine
- Four cups approx water for brine
- 1-2 cups pink or yellow potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1-2 cups broccoli and/or cauliflower
- 1-2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- herbs of selection – recent and/or dried (we used dried Italian herb combine and recent sage)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup hen broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- This sheet pan hen recipe requires boneless, skinless hen breasts and bakes for a complete time of 20-25 minutes at 450F. Cooking time will range because of thickness of hen and in several ovens. It is suggested to examine hen with a thermometer to make sure if reaches 165F. Chicken thighs, drumsticks, or a mixture could also be substituted. If utilizing bone-in hen breasts, hen drumsticks, or hen improve cooking time to between 30-40 minutes.
- For the juiciest hen, brine hen in a easy saltwater brine answer whereas getting ready greens. In case you are in rush, otherwise you bought pre-brined hen, you’ll be able to skip this step.
- To organize brine, dissolve salt in lukewarm water (roughly 1 tablespoon to 1 cup ratio) in giant bowl and submerge hen. For hen breasts, brine for 15 minutes as much as 2 to Four hours max.
- If brining for 15-20 minutes whereas getting ready greens, brine within the lukewarm water. If brining for longer, hen have to be stored chilly to maintain micro organism from rising. Subsequently, after salt has dissolved within the lukewarm water, add ice cubes earlier than submerging hen, cowl and place within the fridge.
- Line a big sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Wash and put together greens.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a small bowl, drizzle with a small quantity of olive oil, sprinkle with herbs and salt and toss. Put aside.
- Place minimize potatoes (and carrots if together with carrots in your meal) on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs and salt and toss.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining greens, (broccoli, cauliflower, sliced peppers,) with olive oil, salt and herbs. Toss. Put aside so as to add to sheet pan midway via cooking hen.
- Take away hen from brine, discard brine water, and rinse hen completely.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place hen on sheet pan. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. Rub in and switch over. Repeat on second aspect.
- Cowl sheet pan with a second sheet pan the wrong way up or with aluminum foil and place in oven on center rack. Bake for 12 minutes at 450F.
- Take away from oven, baste the hen with juices, add the remainder of the veggies, besides the tomatoes. Brush on glaze and return to the oven to prepare dinner uncovered for about 5-Eight minutes, or till potatoes are delicate however not but browned.
- As soon as once more, take away from oven, glaze the hen once more, add cherry tomatoes, and return to over for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Verify to see if the hen is absolutely cooked with a thermometer. It ought to be 165*.
- If you need the hen and veggies browned, flip the oven to broil and return to oven on prime rack for about three minutes.
- Take away from the oven, cowl and let relaxation for five minutes earlier than slicing into the hen. Drizzle remaining glaze earlier than serving.
- For the ultimate drizzle, guarantee you’re utilizing the glaze that you simply put aside and didn’t use in the course of the cooking course of. The glaze used when the hen was partially cooked have to be thrown away as it is going to be contaminated from the partially cooked hen.
Pin It For Later
Written by Susan Carraretto, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mother, and photographed by Janice Croze, co-founder of 5 Minutes for Mother and proprietor of Janice Croze Images.
Speak with us: @5minutesformom and Fb.com/5minutesformom
Pin with us at pinterest.com/5minutesformom